Neuroinformatics/Computational Neuroscience - Research Assistants
CorticalDB, Inc. is seeking part-time Research Assistants with knowledge and experience in the area of Computational Neuroscience in order to carry out information retrieval and research tasks for new and ongoing research, and software development.
We offer schedule flexibility and welcome applications from academic students with relevant backgrounds and experience.
Successful candidates will work with our international R&D staff to conduct research and information retrieval on exciting, cutting-edge research projects pertaining the development of new prototypes and representation of spiking neuron networks and brain structures.
• Perform Library and Internet research, data entry, and analysis to create and maintain a database of computational
models of neurological structures.
• Assist with the accuracy assessment of new neural computational models, and participate in modeling research.
• Participate in writing, editing, and presentation of data for manuscripts, reports and presentations.
• Oversee and assist with collection of neurophysiology related articles and literature, coordinating the data collection
and data maintenance activities.
• Prepare project reports (e.g. progress, weekly, and final reports).
• Assist with developing new project ideas and participate in proposal writing activities when requested.
• Computer Science academic background in artificial intelligence, pattern recognition and knowledge representation.
• Strong skills in library research.
• Familiarity in research methodology, quantitative and qualitative data collection/management/analysis.
• Ability to follow through on all tasks with minimal supervision and manage several tasks simultaneously.
• Willingness to travel in the San Francisco Bay Area when needed.
• Excellent organizational, analytic, verbal, and writing skills.
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, SPSS, Access, and Excel are desirable.
Successful candidates must be self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to work well independently as well as be a contributing member of our team. Must also possess excellent computer skills, be detail oriented, organized, possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and take initiative.